Sep. 9: Content creation panelist on Whiskey Wednesday podcast
08 Sep 2020
Table of Contents
Sep. 9 at 9AM Pacific / 12 noon Eastern / 4PM UTC / 5PM British Summer Time, I’ll be livestreaming as a guest on Whiskey Wednesday, a new web development podcast by Marc Backes and Scott Spence. I can’t wait to join fellow panelists Randall Kanna, Rich Haines, and Jon Hilton.
Where to find us
Some references I suspect I might bring up:
- Stephanie Morillo’s book The Developer’s Guide to Content Creation, which helped me better understand the world of self-disciplined, organized, audience-oriented writing. It will be right by my keyboard this winter as I delve into producing tutorial videos.
- Greater Than Code ep. 16: “Blogging is Shipping”, which taught me that it’s essential to share things you just learned because you can relate to learning the material for the first time
- Timeboxed challenge examples:
- Divya Tagtachian’s “Jamuary” post-a-day challenge
- Joe Previte organizing #2WeekProduct challenges cohorts
- Will Johnson’s encouragement to write about a topic even if it’s been covered before
- Chris Moffit’s “Blogging for fun and … profit?” slide deck
- Hanselminutes guest lineup, demonstrating that intentionally and consistently cultivating a community of people unlike yourself lets you create content that better represents the world than you might have had you stayed in your own bubble. There are lots of interesting people in the world – be conscious about how you 6-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon to find them. As you gain a following, think about whose SEO you boost, why, and why not.