18 Aug 2022
So you paused syncing and tried to edit the “explicit criteria” in a Pardot Marketing Data Sharing Rule by changing the value of the Field picklist and your Save button is grayed out?
(Maybe you changed from one checkbox to another and don’t need to change
- Click through to the end of whatever is in your Value field for the Marketing Data Sharing Rule.
- Type any letter on your keyboard, like “x”.
- Type Backspace.
- Ta daaaa, the Save button is blue and clickable again instead of grayed-out.
You should now see the warning you’re accustomed to when saving a rule-change:
Changing Marketing Data Sharing criteria triggers all matching Salesforce records to sync with Pardot. Pardot records that don’t match the criteria are archived.
Other posts about Pardot Marketing Data Sharing Rules
- Part 1 - Block all Pardot syncing with Marketing Data Sharing Rules
- Part 2 - Prevent Pardot from syncing Leads
- Part 3 - Pardot Opportunities need Contact Roles to sync
- Part 4 - Formula Fields work fine for Pardot Marketing Data Sharing Rules
- Part 5 - This Article